Monday, April 9, 2012

My hero, my mentor and teacher



My hero, my mentor and teacher Parvadha Vardhini Gopalakrishnan (Prinicipal WGSHA). 
This was a very special moment when students surprised me by playing Chinna Chinna Asai at my recent visit to Manipal (I sang this song in Tamil at Annual day 19 years ago). Yes I learnt Tamil for this song, love has the power to learn; and I loved this song. TK Suresh taught me the lovely AR Rahman.
Teachers are the best. I shared the name of my fav teacher; so what is the name of your bestest teacher. Have a grt week ahead......V


3 comments:

  1. This reminds me of my fav teacher Mr Umesh Sharma. Back in the days when i was learning how to come out of my timid stance, he would figure my name in all debates, extempore etc! I remember the first time i was on the stage i went blank. He walked up, started adjusting the mike and kept murmuring,"take your time, don't worry about people waiting to hear you, just speak what you feel like." Man that gave me so much of life's lessons on just doing what you love:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sir,
    I recently saw your article in the local newspaper in Mangalore with regards to the kitchen museum to showcase India's culinary traditions and in this matter I am posting this msg. There is a family living in Bantwal who have some very old culinary items supposed to be 75 to 100 years old wish to dispose them off. I just remembered that you are collecting such items for your upcoming museum in Manipal and would be interested in taking these. I had no other way of contacting you hence posting this msg here. Please contact me if you need further information in this regard. Mob: 08951025490
    Thanks and Regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey chef!!
    Big fan of yours. I am an aapuring chef and just wanted you to know that one day i want to be just like you.
    A great chef with respect of all.
    PS: i could use some tips on how to become a successful chef.

    ReplyDelete